Monday, August 24, 2009

The Fall preview Weekend

This weekend's weather was AWESOME! It felt just like a nice, crisp autumn day in November. I can not wait! I love autumn and everything that goes with it! You can't wait either, huh? Well, this weekend was a definite preview of the upcoming season and it felt wonderful.
Saturday we were lazy most of the day. D had to work in the afternoon so we didn't really plan to do anything. I had promised Gabe to go to the zoo with one stipulation:we had to take a nap first. Hannah and I napped for a very long time. Gabe didn't sleep a wink. When I woke I thought it was too late to go. I checked online. Thank you Jesus! The zoo didn't close until 7 pm. Gabe, Hannah and I packed up the car and left around 4:30pm.
We got to the zoo around 5pm. Gabe wanted to go to the barn, so off we went. But not without a hitch. Hannah started crying(actually screaming). She didn't want to sit in her new stroller. She didn't want to be held. She was just super cranky! We had to make a pit spot by the carousel to feed Hannah her dinner. After finally getting her to calm down we headed to the Barn to pet some of farm animals.
We walked all over the zoo. Looking at all of Gabe's favorite animals. We went to see the lions and tigers. The white tiger was very active. He didn't like having his pic taken. He kept jumping at the glass and scaring people!
It was a perfect day to be outside! We very much enjoyed ourselves. On our way home, Daddy called and said he had already gotten off work. We were EXCITED! A Saturday night with D home! He arrived before we did, so he started dinner. We had breakfast food, which was yummy!
Sunday we went to church. Very good service! "Bishop" John delivered an amazing message from God. We are so thankful he allowed God to speak through him. The message was on evangelism and how we all are commanded to do so. Mile 1 = easy. Mile 2 = this is where you want to give up.(but stick it out!) Thank you John! We needed this!
The rest of Sunday was just lazy and nap day. We went to Nana and Papa's for Sunday night dinner.(some of my fave food! pork chops, cornbread, beans, potatoes)
Since I didn't post over the weekend I've got to catch up.
Things I am thankful for: 1. days I get to spend with my family. 2. Crisp morning air filling my lungs. 3. snuggling up with my babies for naps.
Have a great week!


Gabe checking out the otters.

showing sister the otters.

My ferocious lion!

The tiger showing off his teeth.


Looking at the white rhinos


Gabe exploring

Hannah enjoying her finger

Hannah, Gabe & the African mask

Baby giraffe

flamingo