Saturday, August 22, 2009

Is this really how he acts? & other mishaps of a Friday

So. Today I was off work. How awesome to be home for just a day. Refreshing! I got to finally meet Debbie, Hannah's physical therapist. I've talked with her numerous times on the phone, but never got to meet her in person! Susan came to do therapy also. She is Hannah's service coordinator and special instruction therapist. I was so thankful to be able to sit in on therapy. Hopefully one day I will be able to sit in on all therapy session, but right now I'm where God has me.
Hannah was not a happy camper for therapy today, though. She cried. and cried. and cried. She didn't calm down until I sat down with her and we did patty cake. She was super tired. The girl didn't go to sleep til 3:30 am and we had to wake her at 9:15 for 1st session of therapy. So needless to say Susan or Debbie didn't get to work with her very
much.
Being home today made me realize how much I do not know about Gabe. He was an absolute terror while therapy was here. He was running from one end of the house to the other. (&we live in a small home!) He would not listen and calm down. We did time out and he FREAKED out! He screamed. He cried. He talked back. all while sitting in time out.
I have noticed he only acts out when David and I are home together. He is perfect for me while D is at work at night. He helps me, he is polite, doesn't talk back, but when D is here Gabe is a terror. He is like this also if we are around others(i.e. church). He wants to run amok.(if that's how you spell it) If anyone has any suggestions on discipline, please let me know!
I sometimes feel like I need to call Nanny 911, no joke! Whenever I say something, everyone just says "Oh he's being a boy" I'm fine with the rambunctiousness, but not the talking back.
We went to Red Robin for lunch. It was good, but not my first choice. I wanted Jason's Deli. We did time crunch and didn't think it possible. Next time we will try it. Red Robin was way too much for lunch-we spent $42(w/tip) Entirely way too much!!! We would have spent around $20 at Jason's Deli and would have eaten a whole lot healthier! Definitely Jason's Deli next time.
We then proceeded to Target(a fave store of mine) where Miss Hannah got a new stroller for her birthday present. We were going to wait and see if we could get one through Children's Rehab Services, but we needed a new one now. The one we have been using was Gabe's old one. It is way too big and bulky, especially since we have to take it in everywhere with us. Hannah can't hold herself up so she can't sit in shopping carts, restaurant booster seats or high chairs. We needed a small compact stroller that would also be able to support Hannah. No ordinary umbrella stroller would do, so Hannah got a Cosco Umbria Stroller. We've had to modify it just a bit. We put Fun Noodle on the side bars to keep her from hitting her head. She looks so big in it!(I understand she is big, but you know what I mean) I can't find my camera but when I do I will post pics of her sitting in it!
Gabe and Hannah are both asleep at the moment. Gabe is on the sofa and Hannah is on a blanket on the playmate. It took me forever to get them to sleep. I will not be moving them anytime soon!
I've decided to try and post something I am thankful for everyday. I feel I don't tell God thank you enough for all the blessings He has given me. This is new, so bear with me.

I am thankful for slobbery baby kisses and sweaty, sticky big boy hugs! I know I need to get as many I can now, because one day it will not be cool to hug and kiss mom.

Have an AMAZING weekend!


Here are few pics of the kiddos.

Gabe showing of his Mickey Mouse shirt.

Isn't he cute? I have no idea why he has a marker behind his ear.

Movie night: super hero movie of course!

Getting ready for church.

Blowing raspberries & rolling over!

exploring her hands.