Monday, July 27, 2009

Monday Fun day

Today was an AWESOME day! I was off work and got to spend the day with David and the kids! I loved it!! We went out to lunch for Gabe's fav, pizza and then headed to the park. I forgot the camera, so no pictures. :( But we spent a couple of hours playing. We had a blast! I'm off tomorrow to help with cooking for the Nest. (also have a dr appt)
What is the Nest you ask? The Nest is a homeless ministry here in downtown Birmingham. Our church prepares food and serves it downtown under the interstate overpass to the homeless of the city. It is AMAZING!! For the past several months David has headed up the preparing and cooking of the food, something he enjoys tremendously. We also have a medical clinic that provides basic meds and other things to the people. We have tons of doctors and nurses who come and give of themselves freely! It is so wonderful to see everyone together showing the love of Christ. If you live here or some place near and want to help please do so! We would love for you to come. We (Agape church) go down every 4th Tuesday of the month to minister. Let me know if you want to be a part of this! I will try to post some pics of The Nest soon!
Since I have no pics from today, I will post some old ones. I hope everyone has a super great Tuesday!



This is Miss Hannah at the zoo.

Gabe riding Big Joe, the camel.

Gabe has so much fun! His first camel ride!

Daddy & big boy Gabe


Mommy & baby girl Hannah
(her first train ride!)

Gabe loves to ride the train(as you can see)

Hannah enjoying the breeze on the train.

Gabe ringing the bell after our train ride.

My 2 scary lions!


Gabe wanted a pic of them on the tractor.